With wedding season in full swing, many couples are busy planning their big day. Part of that planning process often includes choosing flowers for the ceremony and reception. Of course, if you’re like most people, you want your flowers to look fresh and beautiful throughout the entire event. But how can you make sure they stay that way? Here are a few tips from a professional florist.
How to keep your wedding bouquet fresh
When you’ve spent months planning your wedding and selecting the perfect flowers, you want them to look beautiful on your big day. So here are some tips from a professional florist on how to keep your wedding flowers fresh:
- Select the right varieties of flowers. Some varieties of flowers last longer than others. Ask your florist for recommendations on which types of flowers will stay fresh longer.
- Keep them cool. Flowers are best kept in a cool environment, so keep them out of direct sunlight and heat. If possible, store them in a refrigerator until it’s time to put them in vases or bouquets.
- Get them in water as soon as possible. Once you have your flowers, put them in water immediately. This will help them stay hydrated and fresh.
- Change the water regularly. Empty the vase or bouquet every few days and replace the water with fresh, clean water. This will help extend the life of your flowers.
- Add flower food. Florist-recommended flower food can help promote healthy growth and extend the life of your flowers. Follow the instructions on the packet to add the right amount of flower food to the water.
You can keep your wedding flowers looking beautiful throughout your big day by following these tips!
Tips for preserving your wedding flowers
Your wedding flowers are a cherished part of your big day, and you want to make sure they last as long as possible. Here are some tips on how to preserve your wedding flowers:
- Cut the stems at an angle to absorb more water.
- Change the water every few days and add a floral preservative to help prolong the life of your flowers.
- Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, heat, or drafts.
- When arranging your bouquet or other arrangements, use sharp scissors or shears to avoid crushing the stems.
- Gently mist your flowers daily with water to keep them hydrated.
With proper care, your wedding flowers can last for several weeks. So enjoy them as a lasting reminder of your special day!